The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 24, 2007

God's Plan

Its been one of those weeks in which I sit and contemplate at every free moment about the meaning of my life and what it is that I should be doing with it. In my twisted Christian views I do strongly believe that God has a plan for our lives. With that said, I also believe God has multiple plans and it is up to us to pick one of them. Sometimes I wonder if I picked the right one.

I started reading the Secret and while largely I am not all that interested in self help books I have been interested in the notion that I could attract negative things in my life through my negative thoughts (of which I have many). So my plan for this week is that every time I have negative thought enter my mind, I am to counter it with a positive one. I am curious to see if positive changes are coming. If not then I'll have yet another book to resell on Amazon.

I have also been thinking of what to tell A. when he comes this weekend. I am standing at a crossroad where I could offer someone a part of my freedom. I have come to realize that in all my years in this lifestyle, I have never given over my freedom. Its not something I know much about or could even prepare myself for. It is, however, something I have wanted to do for a long time now. Sadly in my attempt to find someone to do this with, I have run in to bad situations that I could have avoided had I been thinking with the good brain God gave me. Sometimes, hell most times, it is difficult for me to listen to the great success people have when finding a partner in this lifestyle. I always react the same. I smile and say "oh thats wonderful!" When ever I use the word wonderful, it usually means I don't mean what I just said. So now you know one of my secrets. But I don't want to be bitter and uncaring. And honestly, I am happy for people its just that in the back of my mind I start to ask "Why not me?" On the brief occasions in which I do ask that question the answer is the same. Usually its because the men are not good enough for me and that I am bright, intellegent woman. They tell me how smart I am to be in graduate school. I have to laugh. If they knew. I barely break a sweat in school and I just ended my last semester with all A's. I have never tried in school. I have never needed to. To me, degrees are not measures of success. They are measures of time. But when it comes to this lifestyle, I try. I break a sweat. I have shed blood, sweat and tears. And yet, some how I find myself in the same place, continuously. It's quite an enigma. But at the end of the day I sit back in my chair and sigh and say "This is God's plan, Jessica."

But back to my thoughts of what to say this weekend.

I am afraid to hand anyone my freedom. I am afraid they won't know what to do with it or me. I am afraid that one more bad experience will drive me from this lifestyle. Most of all I am afraid of breaking down. I am afraid of losing myself. I am all I have. If I lose that, then I have lost everything. But I believe in him. I am not sure he knows that but I do. It was never my idea, plan or goal to be in a poly relationship. I have jealous tendacies but the idea of this one isn't so bad. I am not ready to be a 24-7 girl. I have to tell that to myself when I feel those pangs come in. I'm not ready. I am not ready to give it all up. But I am ready to get started. I am ready to start learning and training. So the big question now is "Is this a part of God's plan?" I guess we'll see in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home