The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 19, 2010

Trust, Respect and Obedience

I went to an amazing presentation this weekend about love and the D/s dynamic. The main message of the presentation was that Trust, Respect and Obedience are needed to maintain a healthy D/s relationship. As the presenter gave her views on the subject, I started to really do some self thought and evaluation on my last relationship and how these values played a role. She stated that without trust there is no respect and no level of communication can fix that. I realized that once I no longer trust someone I don't respect them. My trust was damaged and there was unfortunately no turning back after that. One thing I hope to learn is to try harder to trust people after I don't trust them anymore. I tend to write a person off without really trying to patch up my hurt feelings. I know its one of my many defense mechanisms. I don't want to continue locking my heart and feelings up so tightly when I am hurt. She also spoke of how dominants can feel humiliated by things that can happen when a submissive loves them. I remember hearing him tell me he felt humiliated and it was such a painful moment. It's not something I am proud of. Not sure it is something I will ever live down. I also allowed myself to admit to the fact that I did...I do love him. And that's ok. It is ok to love people. Its ok to love when that love isn't returned. But it doesn't mean that I should continue to let my feelings cause me to feel guilty for things I am not sure I should feel guilty for. Part of me feels like all of this is a training to help me for when the man who I am supposed to be with comes into my life. I want to be more trusting and when I don't trust I want to try harder and realize I am, we are, humans. I want to be more mindful in my submission. I never, ever, want to hear a man say that he felt humiliated. So I am quite happy I attended this presentation. It brought to light things I have been avoiding thinking about. I can't continue to deny that I am a natural submissive and I am ready to let go of some old baggage, bad feelings, and bad habits. I hate it took so much to get here but I guess this is my lesson to learn. I needed to learn to trust more....to give respect where is earned and given and to obey, not just Him but the dynamic that I so deeply desire to belong to.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home