The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 23, 2013

So it's been a while...

So it's been over a year since I have bothered to pen anything here. It's been quite an eventful year. I am currently inactive in the lifestyle. I actually moved across country and started a PhD program. I started to realize that the people I was around were poison to me and I could feel myself falling deeper in a hole that I knew eventually I wouldn't be able to pull myself out of. I don't think anything can compare to the depth of my depression the last 6 months before I moved. I felt alone, betrayed, unloved and abandoned. I had been blamed for everything under the sun and honestly I would have been fine with that if I actually had done any of it. LOL  I felt a weight lift off my shoulders when I moved and started school. It felt "lighter" and more natural than anything I had attempted to do in the last 3 years. Doctoral studies are a bitch. I sit up for hours reading, writing, thinking, kicking and screaming. However, every one of those moments are still better than the times I spent belittling myself by trying to be like people who I was never meant to be like.

In the last year I also lost my mother. It hurts every single day. Sometimes I "forget" she is gone and it hurts all over again when I remember. I sometimes feel bad that I never shared this part of my life with her but in some aspects, I think I am happy knowing she left here without that burden. Even in my sorrow of missing her encouragement and witty sarcasm I am still happier now than I was then.

I tried to go to a local dungeon and found the place to be utterly boring and painful to be in. It's hard moving from a big city scene to a small country one. They get excited about shibari. I yawn. The women dress up like they are going to wal-mart. The men were oddly snobbish and monogamous. Bleh. Plus I actually had to pay to go to the dungeon. I'll pass.

So that is were life is now. I am a week away from my first Thanksgiving without my mother. It's hard but I am grateful for the moments we had before she left. I am also grateful for the shit I had to deal with during the last 3 years. It put me on a better track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home