The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Frustration and Revelation

I started my day at 7:00 am to take my momma to work so I could borrow the car. Afterwards I went to April's job to pick up some money to take to her gf so she could get a hotel for the weekend. I left from there to get some brake fluid for the car and do some dress shopping. I couldn't find any decent skirts or dresses. I am being disgusted with my stomach. I really need to work on it. I had dinner with April and her gf but I got that overwhelming feeling that they were ready to be rid of me. Again, April made a comment about Eric when we were on the phone. I think the next time we get a chance we are going to have to have a talk about it, because it's slowly starting to piss me off. I came home to find that my brother had been home and not washed one dish. So guess who washed them? Exactly. I also called one of the jobs I am very interested in earlier today and the woman said she hadn't made a decision yet and honestly from the tone in her voice I could tell that decision most likely wasn't going to be me. I am so sick of looking for a job. I am honestly thinking of quitting it for a while. If I had known finding a job was going to be this hard, I would have just stayed in school. I find it absolutely appalling that one year after my graduation that I am still stuck at the same overworked and underpaid position I had when I was in high school. Yes, fuckin high school! I can't figure out what is wrong with me. Perhaps I interview badly? I have no idea. In any case, like I tell everyone else, there is a time to give up and its good to know when. I think that time is coming for me.

Tonight I did one of the dumbest or one of the smartest things I could have ever done. Sad thing is, I don't know which. I decided to pull a criminal record and Eric. And yes, there is one. I won't divulge the details but it did ease my heart to know that he didn't have any violent crimes on there. Just some minor infractions. I was a bit upset to see that he even had a record. But then again, in the back of my head, I knew there was something he was running from back in his home state. His move was too sporadic. I think the scariest part in all of this is that still I am not ready to give up on him. I believe somewhere in my heart that I was put in his life to help him and him to help me. He puts confidence in me that I have never really had before. He pulls parts of my submission out that I didn't even know I had. So perhaps it is my job to help him. Maybe I am just a wishful person. Maybe I am fool. I am not sure of which. I just pray that God will help me find my way.

It's days like this when I remember just how old, no young, I am. I don't have the answers or even the wisdom to put an answer together. I am in new and uncharted territory and even worst, I am walking it alone. How do I trust a man who has a criminal record? How does a man trust a woman who continually sets out to find out things from his past? The more I think about it, the more I realize that perhaps the fantasy I had for a committed relationship may just be that, fantasy. Maybe this too, should be filed under the "quitting time" tab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home