The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

California Dreamin' - part 2

So am I a little more awake tonight, but not by much.

I guess I covered the basics last night. I mean I could probably write for hours about my weekend but its not really the details that matter. It's the great feeling that I am left with. I did want to add that I got the opportunity to see floggers being made. Wow, I was really intrigued. I have seen hundreds of floggers over the years but you really haven't seen one until you see it being made. You gain a new respect for the work that goes in to it and the hands that wield them. I watched Orpheus do a flogging class and you know, it looks a helluva lot easier when the pros do it. I would probably slap myself silly trying to use one. Though I have added learning how to flog to my list of things to do. Man this list is growing by leaps and bounds.

I've been trying to call O for a couple of days but haven't had much luck with connecting. *pouts* But I have been wanting to tell him thank you for being so inviting and welcoming into his home. Home is a very private space and to invite someone in, is an act of trust. I wish I had more, rather better, words than thank you. I guess a better thing to say is "thank you for inviting me into your life". I am starting to settle back down into life as I know it. My brother was home for the weekend and I have kinda missed little buddy. I let him hug and kiss me today. Yeah. I really have missed him.

Last night I talked to M for a while and gave him the overview of the trip. He was really happy to hear I had such a good time. I tell you, if I don't thank God for anyone ever again, I will will thank him for M. I have never met someone who was so happy to hear when I was happy. We are going to a Halloween party this weekend with my group. I am not as excited this year about it because of how much has gone on in the past year and how big of a rift that has been created between the local area groups. It's really a disappointment. But I have been promising to take M to an event and I always want to support my group. I figure the bad times never last too long. As I always say, "And this too, shall pass".

I got up this morning and rolled over and looked at my clock and groaned. I called my boss to let her know I would be late. I love my job. I got up a little while later to get dressed to attend a luncheon at a church with her about how to connect religion,science/education, spirituality and sexuality. What a great topic! This was right up my alley and I enjoyed speaking to the members at my table about my opinions on the matter. I just wish that there was more time for the dialogs to continue. It's been a while since I have been able to really talk openly about sex and religion. Not really much since the undergrad days. Today was Boss's Day so I bought my boss a bunch of white lilies. Ohh they were so pretty! She really liked them. I really like her. Sometimes I wonder if I like her too much. But she deserves all the admiration she gets. She is a beautiful woman inside and out. I am going to miss her when I leave. I went to work afterwards and worked on yet another program. This fall has been a real pain in my ass with programs and conferences. The only highlight of the "conference season" is my trip to Tampa next month. I managed to squeeze in an extra 2 days to do nothing on the trip. I really want to go and visit my family plot while I am in the city. I think I will make that my official "me time".

I have to get momma to work at 7 in the morning so I think I am going to go to bed early tonight and just do homework in the morning. Ohh how I hate mornings!

Addendum:

I so rarely use names in here anymore because I try to be as respectful of people's privacy as I can. But Orpheus was nice to allow me to use his name in my posts. He made the joke about his name being bolded and glowing. So I found my old graphics program and started playing around today. For him:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home