The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ego-trippin'

My day started at 7 am. I got up to take my momma to work but my daddy ushered me back to bed and took her himself. I got back in bed and tried to get some sleep in but all I did was toss and turn. I have been doing that alot lately. I went to work and set up for yet another program. Today's program was on Disability Etiquette. We had a full turn out, which was very exciting. I got a bit irritated when one the attendees complained about the sugar-free cookies that we had put out. I politely explained to her that they were for the people with diabetes who might like a snack aside from the other sweets on the table. She continued to complain about the other snacks. Black people make me so damn sick sometimes. Tomorrow I start working on my banquet for November. Usually I would be excited but at this point, I am just ready for it to all be over. I am a bit behind on some of my homework this week, so its added to my irritability. I hate to be behind on work and the continuous whines and pleas for help during work have interrupted my plans and put me behind there as well. But overall, I was still happy and positive. I had a classmate stop by my desk today to ask for help with her statistics. After our session she gave me a hug. I really needed that hug today.

I went to my counseling class tonight and did another video tape where I was the client. At the end of my tape, my professor asked me "How are you sleeping lately?" I looked at her quizzically and she asked, "do you toss and turn?" I nodded and said yes. She then said to me "You don't have to structure your day so much. Try to relax at night. Learn to say no". I just nodded and went back to my seat. It seemed random to me but I suppose during my interview she picked that up. Sometimes I can't help put think God likes to use other people's tongues. Yeah...

I got online tonight and talked to my friend C. He has been very sick lately so I am always happy to talk to him and check in on his status. I hate he won't make the Halloween party this year. Like I said, this year just won't be the same. I asked about my friend G and why he hadn't answered my messages and he said that G was upset with me. I asked why and he said that he was upset with me about going to California. I couldn't believe that. It really upset me. He said that he was upset because I was doing something risky. I know better. I have known for a while. He got upset with me a while ago when he found out about M. I was really irritated then because had he taken the time to even ask the nature of our relationship, he probably wouldn't have yelled at me. I really get tired of being yelled at for things I didn't do. Or did do. Whatever. Last time I checked, I wasn't dating, courting, married, collared, attached, in a relationship or belonged to anyone. Jealousy is a bitch. I just cried because honestly, I didn't know what else to do. I'm not apologizing. I didn't do anything wrong. But in any case, it wasn't what I needed to end my night with. So I am going to bed as soon as I wrap this up and pray that tomorrow is a better day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home