The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Dream Deferred...


What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

A Dream Deferred - By Langston Hughes

So what exactly does happen to a dream deferred? I don't know but I suppose I will soon find out. I just got a call not long ago that my uncle is backing out of his offer to co-sign for an apartment for me. His financial advisor told him not to. So I have ran out of options and my dream of being able to move out has died...at least for now. It's really upsetting because I have been saving up to move for nearly a year now. My only plan now is to just commute to my new job for the next six months. My professor gave me the contact information of a place to help me get the fraudulent credit items off my report and clean up the couple of credit cards I still owe on. I could move to a cheaper area of town but being a single woman, I don't want to move somewhere I don't feel safe. I am really disappointed that my uncle would offer and then back out. But as I always say, "And this too...shall pass.." So I guess I'll work this out and hopefully have things set so I can get a place after graduation. I suppose I should be thankful that I do have a car that is reliable and can get me from point A to point B with ease and parents who have allowed me to live at home rent-free. God this sucks and I really feel like crying but I am at work and I hate for these heifers to see me down.

I guess I can afford that remote starter for my car now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home