The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Great White Hype-Revisited

Wow.

I looked back at my last journal article and just went wow. On initial thought, I was going to delete it but then decided not to because at that time, those were my true and honest feelings and for the most part, still are. However I want to follow up by saying I was wrong by saying that every white male I meet is a certain way. That was wrong. Many of them are. Hell most of them are but there are some good ones and I don't want to discount them because I know I wouldn't want someone to lump me in a category with every bitchy black woman.

I started my first week of school on monday and to say that I am absolutely livid with my school would be an understatement. Yesterday I spent 8 hours standing in the financial aid line only to be greeted with a bad attitude from a woman who told me that no counselor would speak to me. I went to the student affairs office and the woman there told me I was certainly not the first or the last person to complain. I had some other people call in and complain as well. The good news of the week is that I did get an assistantship so that's a little extra money as well. As soon as my other money comes in, I will be able to afford a new car. How exciting is that? LOL I am looking forward to my freedom. I miss it so much. Especially now since I am back on campus and remember what it was like in undergrad and having that freedom to come and go as you please without question. I am working on a small financial plan to get myself in working order by the end of the year so that I can start eliminating some debt. This will make it easier for me to move out when I graduate school.

I don't really have much to say tonight because I am tired and in need of a good long night of sleep. Since I don't have to work tomorrow, I think I will take advantage of the opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home