The Story of J

This is my diary.

These are my words, thoughts, feelings, sucesses, failures, desires and fears.

This is my life.

Comments are welcome and appreciated. I only ask that you keep it respectful.

Please keep in mind there is no requirement for you to read this blog. If there is something here you do not like, leave. Thank you, J.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gratitude

Gratitude is one of those things that I feel I rarely get. Sometimes it's nice to know that someone wants you around and appreciates the things you do. Its nice to hear a "thank you" from time to time. It's easy to feel a bit disregarded at times, especially in my line of work.

However, today was a much different day. While my day did start off with a bunch of cussing and fussing from a client I was deeply touched by another one who called to wish me well. I thought it was very sweet of him and really made me smile. I didn't think anyone would remember I was leaving but he did and he told me thank you for all the help I had given him. My co-workers took me to lunch and gave me a wonderful card full of words of praise and well wishes. They are a wonderful group and I happy I had the opportunity to work with them. My biggest surprise of the day was a gift from the most unlikely of people. Two of the job coaches that I work with bought me a beautiful engraved silver business card holder. Just beautiful. I really felt like I might cry. We never worked much together but they were so sweet to give it to me. I love it not because of how beautiful it is, but because someone took the time to pick something out for me, when they had only known me a couple of months. The front of it says "Imagine the Possibilities..."

What can you say when you have a day like that?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home